A fitted solution for your broadcast STB
Teatro-2.0 represents the baseline of iWedia’s turnkey software solutions targeting broadcast only DVB receivers. It is built around CoMedia 2.0 DVB software stack closely merged with Maestro – iWedia’s proprietary toolkit for application and user interface design. Teatro-2.0 can be easily ported on a variety of hardware platforms and may support a variety of options (MHEG-5, CI Plus host software, PVR).
Teatro-2.0 is highly optimized to cope with limited resources terminals and is hence the ideal choice for low-end and mid-end devices targeting emerging markets. As of today it has been deployed in millions of units and field proven in more than 20 DVB countries.
- A layered architecture
- Maestro reference end-user embedded applications
- Maestro application engine
- CoMedia 2.0 stack
- CoMedia Hardware Abstraction Layer (CHAL)
- Easy to customize thanks to Maestro toolkit
- Easy to port thanks to CoMedia Hardware Abstraction Layer (CHAL)
- Continuously tested and validated on reference platforms
- Pre integrated with embedded CAS: NAGRA, DRECrypt, etc.
- Production-ready” – deployed in millions of units
- Optional features
- PVR engine
- CI Plus host software
- MHEG-5 browsers and interactive engines
Maestro: the Companion Toolkit for Defining the Device User Interfaces (UIs)
- Desktop-based authoring tool available for both Windows (XP, Vista, 7) and Linux OS
- Application development through a “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG) Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- No platform-related limitation
- Suitable for UIs in standard (SD) and high definition (HD) resolutions
- A number of components supported: label, list, image, etc.
- Translation tool that transforms the application description (XML format) into a binary format ready for downflashing the device
- Binary compression support for smaller memory footprint
- An application engine that executes and renders the applications on the target device
- Designed to be
- The smallest possible
- The fastest possible
- The Teatro-2 software architecture allows for a fast product development through:
- Easy porting process on the target platform by the virtue of the CoMedia Hardware Abstraction Layer (CHAL)
- Easy customization of end-user applications with the help of the Maestro toolkit. The Maestro plug-ins expose CoMedia features to Maestro applications at an abstraction level keeping the applications as simple as possible
- Easy extension of the framework thanks to the modular approach based on software components