MHEG-5 browsers and interactive engines
And your TV device becomes interactive!
It is incredible how such a simple solution can deliver such an amazing user experience! An international standard, MHEG-5 is being used every day by millions of users worldwide to get access to compelling interactive TV applications. These applications may be stored on a Conditional Access Module, delivered over the broadcast link, or even retrieved from the return channel.
iWedia has played an active role on the MHEG-5 issue since its inception and has developed and deployed a full range of MHEG-5 browsers and interactive engines. These compact and optimized software components have been designed to be easily integrated within the software of a device. Browsers are available for CI Plus 1.2 and 1.3 specifications, and engines are available for standard and high definition devices as well as for devices with an interaction channel.
- MHEG-5 Engine compliant with the following profiles:
- CI browser profile (CI Plus specifications up to version 1.3)
- UK profile (D-Book specifications up to version 7.1)
- South Africa profile
- DSM-CC client (compliant with ISO/IEC 13818-6 Part 6: Extensions for DSM-CC)
- Graphics and font engines