HbbTV browser and client software for OTT services
And your TV device gets access to hybrid Web-based interactive services!
Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV or “HbbTV”, is a major pan-European initiative aimed at harmonizing the broadcast and broadband delivery of entertainment to the end consumer through connected TVs and set-top boxes.
Developed by industry leaders, the HbbTV specification is based on elements of existing standards and Web technologies including OIPF (Open IPTV Forum), CEA, DVB, and W3C.
iWedia has been actively contributing to the French HD Forum work which aimed to establish a standard for hybrid broadcast/broadband interactive TV services; the French initiative was then synchronized at the European level giving birth to the HbbTV standard.
A member of the HbbTV consortium, iWedia is keeping on contributing to the standard through its involvement within the French HD Forum (Interactive TV Group) and within the HbbTV Testing Working Group.
- Compliant with the “base level” capabilities set defined in ETSI TS 102 796 V1.1.1 (“Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV” technical specification)
- An application manager which handles DVB signaling for application detection (PMT, AIT, AIT XML parsing), and manages HbbTV applications lifecycle
- DSM-CC client compliant with ISO/IEC 13818-6 Part 6: Extensions for DSM-CC
- Available for Android based devices! Fully integrated in Android’s Web browsing engine (WebKit-based Chrome)
- For Linux based devices iWedia offers its own Web browsing engine:
- Based on customized open source WebKit Web browsing engine
- CE-HTML, HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.1, DHTML
- ECMAScript 3, CSS 3 (partial), CSS 2.1, DOM 3 (partial), DOM 2, DOM 1, XMLHttpRequest (AJAX)
- Image support: GIF, JPEG, PNG
- Navigation: through remote control or pointing device
- Optimized for embedded, resources-constrained devices
- HbbTV extensions: library generated on Customer environment (delivery of source code is an option)
- If iWedia Web browsing engine is requested as part of the HbbTV package, it is delivered in source code
- Integration guidelines
- iWedia HbbTV test suite for validation
- Reference system demonstrating HbbTV solution (on reference platform). The HbbTV browser successfully passes the official HbbTV test suite and is ready for certification.
- The solution is chipset agnostic and available for Linux and Android OS
- Size of the code and static data including iWedia Web browsing engine: 24 MB (may slightly vary depending on target platform)
- Software made of 20 tasks
- Dynamic allocations 60MB
- Processing power: 800 DMIPS